20070824

The GroggusDoggus.

The loss of one so dear...

It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me it is...

My doggie, Meesha, passed away today.



It sounds like a cliche, but I now know what it feels like to lose a part of your family. Meesha was almost 13 and a half years old. She was there through the major formative years of my life and I loved her as if she were my third sister. (Groo and Lis-bo, hope you don't mind.)

I will miss all the hours spent playing games and running in the yard with Meesha. Only three weeks ago, as I was cleaning out my room before moving to Germany, I found a tennis ball. Meesha used to love catching the tennis balls when she was younger, but hadn't done so in years. When I brought it out to her I could see the recognition in her eyes and she actually tried to play along with me like we did all those years ago. Her eyesight was not as sharp as it once was and neither were her reflexes, but that puppy spirit she once showed was still inside her and it made me so happy to see her that way.

Rest in peace, my doggie...



Her internal puppy spirit still makes me happy even though she has passed. Hee-hee, you could see the spirit in her eyes for sure. :o) I, too, miss the Meet-Beet, and consider her another sister, but I believe that she had a good life with us and that she held out as long as she could. :o)



ByeBye, GroggusDoggus. :heart:

And to show you all who she was, here is a video from Christmas 2006 where she was opening one of her presents. I call this video "Meesha vs. The Chewgar". :o)


*(excerpt from www.doodoodoo70s.blogspot.com)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home