20061014

Oops, I scrolled through my past.

I was bored just now and happened to come across a cd with old photogs on it (particularly the hilarious series of D's dad below). These are all pre-2004 I believe. Quite frankly I thought everything from this era was gone from my existence, but oh well. At one point in time I would have hated finding this cd, but after three years of growing, I have come to the conclusion that I don't have to hate My Past and the things that happened between us.



D (left corner), although I did not re-realize it until recently, was a very key part of my life. He helped me to realize that I did not need to dress in baggy clothes and hide my figure. He also helped me realize that I did not need to be so shy and quiet around people. Without ever having known D, I surely would not be the person I am today and, I believe, I would have missed out on a lot. Thank you, D, for breaking me out of my shell.

Right now, my life is good. I told Tara that I could die happy today. Happy because I have come this far from the girl I used to be - the preschooler who wouldn't even recite her own address to her mom for fear of embarassment, for example. Happy that my family and I are closer together than we have ever been. Happy that I have had the privilege to meet so many great friends over the years. I love people that make life worth living; they have spirit; beauty is all around them. Happy that I have tested my own limits and have overcome my own academic failures. Happy that I am finally studying architecture and working towards a degree; that my dad told me I made the right choice in career; that my studio professor told me I really deserve to be in the program and that "[he knows I] will do great things". Happy that I have my dream car and am able to explore that Avenue of Adrenalin. Just happy.

*content sigh*

Besides, isn't that photo series hilarious?

(D, no hard feelings, I hope you're okay with the pic post. Lemme know if you're not - if you read this.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home