20050612

A minor tribute.

Ok, HOW can any supposed Dream Theater fan hate the new album. If there's one thing I learned in architecture so far, it's about continuity. The latest Dream Theater album "Octavarium" exudes continuity. I mean, even at the beginning of track 2, you have a tie-in! You may not notice it if you're in your car, or busy doing things while the cd is playing, but if you put headphones on and listen at the beginning, you hear birds chirping. And if you listen even closer, at 0:06 seconds, you hear the birds chirp a rhythm that is also found in track 6 at -0:27 thru -0:25 seconds and -0:05 thru 0:00 seconds. It's like a really fast chirp/sound that then slows down like to slow-mo. At least that's how it sounds to me - the relation between the birds and the synthed sounds.

I can't get over how damn amazing this album is. If I go one day without listening to it, I am lost. I start to go through withdrawl and then I have to listen to it.

I don't expect any but a few of you to understand - Dream Theater is widely underappreciated. It is kind of nice that way - more intimate.

*Off to the Fizzok and the Octavarium*

3 comments:

Blogger DooDooDoo70s said...

poopty



peupty



pantss-ss.

12/6/05 21:45  
Blogger DooDooDoo70s said...

Hey the Octavarium cover really fits in well with your polka dots! I like what you've done to the place.

12/6/05 21:53  
Blogger Groove Salad said...

Dood - I'm gonna be revamping my whole site soon. Probably next weekend at some point. Just you wait and see.

Btw, I'm clever. Dood, heh.

13/6/05 00:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home