20060821

The flakes are soggy.

Welcome to the last entry of my uneducated life. I have to admit, though, I had thought I would be rather more nervous... anxious... on edge than I currently seem to be. Could this be a good thing?

What surprises me the most is that I am not worried about the classes or meeting new people or designing beautiful-yet-functional buildings, but almost scared of not getting a desk in my most desired location in the studio. You see, there is one set of doors by which we will enter the studio, and from those doors you will see a few U-shaped arrangements of desks. This is not to say that they must stay in Us for the whole semester, but picking out your desk is "first come, first served". Imagine my nerves. With only one set of doors mocking my plight, I fear I do not want a desk too close to them for people will constantly be walking "through" the area in which I sit and/or stand to do my work. I've got to get a window desk.

The whole idea of spending the next four years with the same forty-six-or-so classmates has given me a deja vu feeling of the times at music camp. Auditions, picking a roommate, choosing classes, and attending those classes for the first time not knowing what to expect.

From here on out I am not sure which journal I will post more in: Groove Salad or Architektin. I suppose, however, you should be checking Architektin a lot more often because I am sure a ranting or two or four hundred will make it in there. Who knows, maybe I'll post some of my work, too, so you can see what it is that is exactly driving me crazy.

And, with that, I must finish getting ready way ahead of time. To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late. (Anyone else remember that from music camp?)

3 comments:

Blogger H M MuRdOcK said...

that is the best argument i have heard from anyone about going in.

21/8/06 21:21  
Blogger Groove Salad said...

Huh?

22/8/06 18:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty similar to vet school....same group of people for 4 years, gossip going around like wildfire, wanting to kill someone if they steal your seat...it's a ton 'o fun, I tell ya!

28/8/06 21:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home