20060903

mos-qui-tos.

I absolutely love Dashboard Confessional's Don't Wait music video. You should definitely check it out.

************************

The weather is AWESOME today - completely overcast. I fell asleep last night in the 1 o'clock a.m. hour - tv and light on. I was so out of it. Not feeling well. Totally crashed. Woke up around 4 a.m., light still on, tuned to music videos on the tv, sat there on the edge of the bed and tried to figure out just what the !@#%^% was going on - I still didn't feel good.

But then out of nowhere I had this epiphany for my arch studio project so I drew it in my sketchbook. Then I started sketching a guy in a music video. Then I wrote down a few song names. Then I looked at the clock, it was shortly after 5 o'clock a.m., and thought, "Crap, I can't sleep. What am I gonna do now?" Then I realized that I was in the Golden Hour. That oh-so-wonderful hour where the ambient light from the rising sun is beginning to light up the horizon, but the giant blazing ball has yet to surface.

Then it happened again - a jolt of inspiration! I was all but going to seize the moment so I got dressed, grabbed my essentials, and hit the road. Drove Eastward across town (about 20 miles) and headed up the mountain - it had been a while. The last time I was up on the mountain, my car had yet to be repaired, and the drive was not that enjoyable. This morning, however, windows down, elevation changing, the car was screaming, and the raw feeling of VTEC was felt in the pedals, steering wheel, and shift knob of my car... I was truly loving the experience. This may be cliche, but none of you will understand just how I felt unless you've driven this car. And I mean DRIVEN.

After all of the recent rain, life is flourishing on the mountain. I thouroughly enjoyed the outcroppings of rocks surrounded by green desert grasses and the overcast sky that was enveloping the peaks of the mountains. Theoretically, I was touching the clouds. It was awesome. My car handled the hairpin turns with no extraneous effort and definitely no regard for the speed limit. ;o)

The sun still isn't visible so today is turning out to have that cozy, warm blanket feeling. Mmmm...

Sad to say I did not stop to get any pictures today, though it would've been p-e-r-f-e-c-t, because the ride was just that bad-ass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home